Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Ribbons

Had a great weekend up at Porirua teaching a group of enthusiastic women, staying on Horouta Marae.  Wove to all hours, laughed and slept together. Thank you Horouta for having me.
A few weeks ago I was shown a small piece a lady from central Otago had made using ribbon for tags. I thought this was worth a go so got some thin ribbon while in Porirua.  In a bin I spyed these little red rosebuds so combined them for a wee  Angel korowai.

 I had a few bits of whenu in my bag so started a wall hanging for Balclutha. I was thinking of trying the ribbon again for water but couldn't find what I had done with it so used some blue cotton instead.  It's amazing what you can get through when waiting for planes if you have something in your bag. 



No comments:

Post a Comment