Friday, August 17, 2012

 At last I have finished the korowai for South School Papakura.  It has Kereru feathers at the top before the Taniko.  I do like the pattern with feathers and mawhitiwhiti.  Now this will be at our exhibition in Dunedin in September then I will get it to Papakura sometime next term.
 And I have finished this pheasant shoulder korowai

 And this small cloak with a black doll to display it on.  It feels good finishing things.  This cloak represents the sea.  The feathers are blues and greens with white 'breakers' and paua shell at the top.  The feathers are in a wavy pattern with mawhitiwhiti in between the feathers.



But I have started another wall hanging using black back gull feathers.  So far I have started the tail bit.


And a small thing to go in a photo frame.  The feathers are the small ones from a pheasant neck.
Lots of work done and lots to do.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Robin,

    Beautiful garments! What *string* do you use for your weaving?

    Sue

    ReplyDelete