Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Weaving Group Ocean View


I am looking forward to a new year of weaving with our group at Ocean View. We learn so much from each other and it really helps to spark ideas off others. Our first day for weaving for the year will be Saturday 1st February. All welcome at the Coast Community Church, Ocean View, Dunedin at 10am to 4pm. $3. Bring your own lunch. New people very welcome. Come to see what we get up to. The cost for a beginners pack is $35, this includes all things you need to make a sample korowai and an instruction booklet. 
We meet on the first Saturday of the month and the first and third Tuesday (from 9 to 12:30). This year we may also start a group at the University in Dunedin. Anyone interested please let me know. 

I am also looking for korowai teaching opportunities anywhere in the South Island. Two or three day workshops are the usual arrangement but we can work something out for schools.  I am happy just to have my travelling expenses and materials covered. So think about getting a group of 10 people together who want to learn to make their own korowai for their whanau. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I know this is a long time since you posted but are you still open to this? We are a museum in Arrowtown. Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to go to Arrowtown to teach weaving. Email me on robin.korowai@gmail.com

      Delete