Friday, May 9, 2014

What next

I am trying to finish off projects that have been started for a while. This bag is one. It was started with fluffy peacock feathers but I ran out after last seasons moult. It has been too wet here to pickup some more so I used some other feathers I had prepared. Still not sure what I'll do about handles. I have some somewhere in my room if only I could remember where. 
I have a box full of small pieces I must finish for our exhibition at the end of June. 
Then I've started a new idea I saw a friend up in Papakura thinking about. It is a sideways way of making a cloak. I am trying a short elbow length one first. 

It just has tags - no feathers. It is made as usual but with long strings. I have a long plait on the left and just a twist on the left although thinking about it now I could have done a short plait there too. But the whole piece is to be turned 90 degrees so that the plait is the top and tie, the taniko will be down the front and the rows will be vertical. 
We will see how it turns out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment