Wednesday, July 6, 2016

July Bags

Well this bag is nearly finished, just handles, lining and fixing up to do.


I am pleased with the top. Surprised myself. 

But while I was working on this I also made a small jute flat bag with left over string. It fits my  Samsung tablet

And the school taaniko is coming on nicely.  Two of the girls,  Georgia  and Nevada have been helping me do the taaniko. We have worked out a system where two of us work together on the stitch. Not very conventional but the girls will be able to say "I did some of that taaniko". So impressed with them. Another afternoon today should almost finish it. Then it's on to the mawhitiwhiti design with tassels which the children designed for their korowai. 


There have also been two REAP Weaving schools since I last wrote.  The last was in Te Anau, with a great group of people.  I enjoyed the trip away taking my mother to see my cousin's son there.  However this weekend I'm flying up to Wellington to take a class at the Porirua Marae.  It has been so busy lately but lots of fun. 

On our Saturday weaving day at Ocean View last week Elaine showed us the wee dress she is making for a doll with a fancy stitch we saw in a book on old cloaks. Very cute. 


No comments:

Post a Comment