Friday, April 27, 2018

Facebook post put on blog at last.


April already. Where has this year gone. Still I have finished the peacock arapaki and it's ready for Ella.
Also the Rooster arapaki is done and extended. It has two rows of shaping as well. Sorting out how to add more whenu on the side of an almost completed piece has helped with adding on to another korowai and also encouraged me to think that the making of a korowai in panels is a possibility. This idea will be very helpful when we do the James Hargest College cloak in collaboration with the teachers and Whanau of the school. I think 7 panels with 4 feathers ones, 2 mawhitiwhiti ones and 1 taaniko panel in the middle will work nicely.
I have extended the korowai for Paula and have now started with the longer rows. You can't really tell where I have joined on. Yippee.

No comments:

Post a Comment