Wednesday, April 11, 2012


This week I have got on with this korowai.  It is the first fully feathered one I have done for ages .  I kept running out of bundles and having to stop and do more.  Very frustrating when I was hoping to finish a row.  


Anyway it's finished now.  The top is a starry mawhitiwhiti pattern.  So the idea is that to reach the stars ( your dreams) you need to grow and learn.  The poutama pattern represents the stages of learning and to reach your dreams you need to learn new things which can happen any time in your life.  The use of both male and female pheasant feathers (meaning men and women can reach for their dreams) and the browns (to keep you grounded) all add to the story of the cloak.  

I hope to keep this for a few months to put into a display later this year but then it will be for sale.  


No comments:

Post a Comment