Friday, February 15, 2013

I have been thinking for ages it was time to update my blog.  Well finally I am.  And I have been busy lately but not so much weaving as writing a booklet on weaving.  It is finally done and I am printing it out.  It is called 'Making your First Korowai' . So if you would like to have a go at weaving a small piece then send me an e-mail and I will see what we can do.  On the last weekend in February will be running a weekend weaving school here at Taieri Mouth.  It will be a first for me.  I have 8 people coming at this stage, which is a good number for me to teach at once.  This weekend is why I wanted to write an instruction book.



At the same time I am continuing to weave the big cloak for a client in Dunedin.  It's coming on nicely.  They came out to see it on Friday and were very happy with it.  That is always a good sign.
We had an exciting time last month when there were a few salmon being caught in the river.  Malcolm brought one in and our nephew caught two.  They were quite yummy so needless to say not so much weaving was done and more fishing was done (not so much catching though).

No comments:

Post a Comment