Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The weekend school went well.  There were 7 beginner weavers who were all very enthusiastic.  They managed to very nearly finish their pieces so it was quite successful and I learnt a lot about what could be achieved in a weekend.

Now we hope to start a fortnightly group at Brighton (1st and 3rd Tuesdays 9:30am-12:30pm) and a monthly meeting at Taieri Mouth (1st Sat of month 10am-4pm).  All welcome. E-mail me for more info.

This is what they can do with the piece they were making


As well as this I have been continuing with my big commission of Pheasant feathers.  But again it has had to go on hold as I need to get some things made  to show a group of fibre artists who will visit in mid April.  I have a few bags on the go which need a bit of finishing

Thought I would like to do something with the lovely side feathers from a peacock tail.  I haven't worked out how to attach the long bits to the bag yet.













And I have a small commission for a baby's naming ceremony korowai.  This one has been fun and is coming along nicely.  I only have a month to make this so am forging ahead with it.This first picture is the result of 4 days work and the second is another 5 hours later.  One more row of white feathers then I am on to the taniko for the top. About 24 hours altogether so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment