Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Delivered

Yesterday I took my cloak to show Margery Blackman the taniko she had inspired. It was loosely based on an old korowai she had seen in Stockholm. And thanks to her I am in the process of learning how to do the two directional taniko. Not that I have it yet. There is more practice required. A lot more. She was pleased with what I had achieved but showed me some of her samples which only whetted my appetite for trying more textural taniko next year. 
Then down to the museum to give them the gift. Migoto and Vicky were pleased with it. Not only will it be worn but can be used to dress a table on official occasions. So that is good that it can be used. Lyann came down to support me which was very kind of her. Thanks. 
I forgot to get a photo of us though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment