Saturday, March 26, 2016

Easter weekend wananga

I have had an absolutely fantastic time with the wonderful folk in Napier.  Such a great venue - Te Kura Kaupapa Maori o Te Ara Hou.  Such a great feel and buzz. Ladies weaving raranga,  harekeke all over the place, beautiful kete. And that was just the background.
I managed twenty learners, and they were all so enthusiastic.  Mind you they already had a lot of skills just not korowai weaving ones. I was so impressed and glad to be spreading the skills to these wonderful people.  We covered so much beyond the normal with some ladies and I know they will pass this knowledge to the others as they met together each month.  I have never known such endurance either. I know you some of them had been up late and they worked hard all day and I know they didn't stop when I left.

Thank you to Diana,  Fiona and all the others who organised,  raised funds, cooked and made it such a successful weekend.






No comments:

Post a Comment