Sunday, May 1, 2016

Peacock Jute Arapaki

I finished the black and white Arapaki a wee while ago. It's not too bad but the feathers are a bit fly away and not as good as I would have liked. However is done.  Enjoyed the taaniko.


Now I am starting a peacock Arapaki. I got some green silky taaniko thread and have based the colors on dark green. Of course when you look at the feathers from different angles they look blue rather than green. Oh well we'll see what it looks like with blue near the top. It has green tags in between the blocks. The feathers at the bottom are also peacock from a different part of the bird.  The feathers are lovely to work with as they are big and flat. They sit nicely when worked in and I have been using only two in a bundle and it seems to have worked well. 


This weekend I went up to Christchurch to teach one lady who had flown down from Wellington. Next weekend it will be twenty in Alexandra. This month will be busy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment