Sunday, October 27, 2019

Bill's Weka cloak

I started Bill's weka cloak before my surgery.  The weka feathers had been gifted to him from some whanau on the Chathams.  I find weka very wasteful with lots of feathers that can't be used, so it takes a lot of sorting through.  However I got a lot of bundles made despite my sore arm.
Surgery in May put me out of action for a few months.  However I kept myself sane by doing embroidery with my left hand.

But as my arm improved I was able to work on it again and finally by the end of October I finished his cloak.

I was unable to handle the big cloak when I was able to go back to weaving group so I took along this other project.  It is a bag to hold a small casket.  I started on the bottom using an under and over weaving technique working row by row.


Now I am looking forward to the next thing on my list.  Another Arapaki I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment