Monday, May 11, 2015

Home at last

After another successful weekend wananga at Temuka, where another seven ladies were introduced to weaving korowai, I have got home at last.  It's been a very interesting time away, learning lots more about cloaks old and new and meeting with friends and family and spending time with my mum.

The school at Arowhenua let us use their library for our weekend course. The ladies worked hard but the last afternoon was almost too much so we didn't finish quite but all the skills required were learnt. I think I will have to cut down the number of whenu to 34 and the feather rows to three. I'll give that a go next time. We had another look at a very old cloak which had inspired me to make a bag.





I had made a cloak for the school and handed it over to some of the ladies to pass on this week. I hope they liked it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment