Monday, November 30, 2015

Shaping

I have found that a little shaping really does make the korowai feel better and sit nicer. So on the last few cloaks I have made I have endeavored to put in some shaping.



On this small cloak I have done a partial row of plain stitching after a full feather row,  then a bit wider partial row with feathers. Then I have carried on with a full plain row, feather row etc.  The cloak is now a little wider in the middle than the sides. It won't be noticed when worn but hopefully will make it nicer to wear. You can just see the extra rows on the back. The third and fourth rows are shorter.


This is coming on nicely and hopefully will be finished in the next few weeks. Just one more row of feathers I think then some mawhitiwhiti. 

No comments:

Post a Comment